Inspiration behind the tours
Welcome to Stellenbosch! Discover authentic Cape food and wine, diverse cultures and vibrant history on these unique tours.
The inspiration behind Bites and Sites Food Tours
- having a meal at an eatery where the locals hang out
- learning to cook traditional dishes (first-prize is at the chef’s home!)
- exploring its food market (if there is one)
- I even find the local supermarkets fascinating and happily lose myself between the aisles of weird and wonderful fruit / veg / drinks / jars that locals take for granted.
- On my travels I’ve discovered to my delight that food is a delicious expression of culture. For me, no visit to a town is complete without doing at least one of the following:
- The key to unlocking the true gems, though, is having an insider. Someone who can invite you into their culture and take you beneath the superficial surface. That is the philosophy at the heart of every Bites and Sites food tour. Our experienced team is made up of well-informed, enthusiastic local guides and chefs and we invite you to come along and savour Stellenbosch with us.
- After all, food is made for sharing.
- Hanli Fourie, founder