All Terms and Conditions apply without exclusion, once you have purchased the ticket(s) for yourself and/or your companions (herein referred to as you), for any tour or service provided by Bites and Sites Food Tours cc and our tour guides (herein referred to as Company, we, us, and our.) The Tour referred to herein is the duration between when our tour guide commences and concludes the Tour with you and/or your companions, for which you have booked a ticket(s).
Food and Beverage Consumption
• All Food and Beverages consumed during the Tour or from the Tour Goodie Bag are from third party establishments (i.e. restaurants, cafes, butcheries and other related food establishments). We play no role in procuring ingredients or preparing the food/beverages served. Hence, we are unable to take any responsibility for any sickness, illness or injury caused to you or your companions as a result of visiting these establishments or consuming their food and beverages within.
• You understand, accept, and take full responsibility for the potential risks and hazards of consuming foods and beverages during the Tour.
Dietary Restrictions, Allergies and Medical Conditions
• You are required to let us know of any (a) dietary restrictions, (b) allergies and (c) other medical conditions related to either walking or eating/drinking, at the time of booking a ticket for the Tour.
• While there is no guarantee of our being able to accommodate any dietary restrictions, we will do our level best to do so.
• In the case of dietary restrictions or allergies, it is imperative that you remind us of the allergy before consuming any food/beverage during the Tour, so that we can verify with the restaurant / food establishment regarding the ingredients.
• While we will do our level best to see that allergies that have been communicated to us are well taken care of, we cannot take any responsibility for any incidents resulting due to allergies caused to you as a result of food or beverage consumption from third party establishments during the Tour.
• In the case of any extreme allergies or medical conditions, we reserve the right to request you to not attend the Tour, and will refund the full price of the ticket booking.
• You understand and confirm that your participation in the Tours is completely voluntary.
• You take responsibility for ensuring that you are mentally and physically capable of participating in the Tour.
• You agree to comply with the instructions in English of the tour guide.
• If in the opinion of the tour guide, your behaviour or physical condition is detrimental to the safety, welfare and well-being of the group as a whole, or if we consider that your general well-being will be put at risk by continuing with the Tour, you may be asked not to participate in the Tour without the right to any refund of the price.
• You fully comprehend and accept all of the risks associated with your participation in the Tours including, without limitation, injury or death resulting from exposure to unfavourable weather conditions, food sickness, allergic reactions, choking, and injuries arising from self-inflicted accidents or mishaps, other participants, motor vehicles, and pedestrians. You understand that the tours take place in public venues under conditions largely beyond our control.
Late Arrival Policy
• Public Tours: Guests running late past the tour start time assume full responsibility for finding the group and joining the tour. The guide is not responsible for answering phone calls after the tour start time, for coordinating with any latecomers, nor for providing missed information/food for guests who join after the tour has already started.
• Private Tours: For private groups running anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes late past the stated tour start time, the guide may shorten the route at his/her own discretion. The tour is automatically cancelled without any refund/rescheduling options if the group fails to show up after 30 minutes have passed since the tour start time.
Tour Participant Conduct
• At all times during the Tour, you are expected to have consideration for your fellow tour participants and other third parties.
• For the benefit of everyone, we reserve the right to remove any participant whose conduct is deemed to pose a risk or nuisance to others. We will not refund or cover any cost or expenses incurred due to unacceptable behaviour.
• You authorize Bites and Sites Food Tours cc to provide to you, through medical personnel of its choice, customary medical assistance, transportation, and emergency medical services. This consent does not impose a duty upon Company to provide such assistance, transportation, or services.
Ticket Booking and Payment
• Prices quoted are in South African Rand (R), unless stated otherwise.
• Every individual seeking to participate in our Tours is required to book a ticket using our online reservation system.
• In the case of an online reservation, an advance payment must be made at the time of booking via our online payment system. Only bookings with complete payments will receive a confirmation and a space in the desired Tour.
• To participate in our Tours, you must have an email confirmation from our team.
• The tour price does include the all Food and Beverages that the tour guide recommends and orders for the group at each food establishment throughout the tour, unless stated otherwise (on the tour page) at the time of booking the tour.
• The tour price may or may not include any transport to the tour starting point or from the tour ending point, as stated on the website page for the Tour.
• The tour price does not include any items (e.g. Food and Beverages, souvenirs, etc.) that the tour participant may choose to purchase beyond what is already provided by the tour guide. In such cases, the participant must pay the third party vendor directly on the tour.
Minimum Tour Attendance
• Our public tours are subject to minimum bookings as stated on the tour page on our website. In the unfortunate event that we do not have the minimum tour group size, we may reach out for a cancellation at least a day prior to the tour and refund any payments made towards booking the tickets.
• Our private tours are determined on a case-by-case basis and will be communicated to the guest at the time of booking a private tour.
Cancellations / Rescheduling on Behalf of Tour Participant
• All tickets are non-refundable/transferable to another date unless the Ticket Guardian insurance is purchased at the time of checkout. Ticket Guardian insurance offers a 100% refund for a number of situations ranging from illness to work conflicts to family emergencies, as long as you notify Ticket Guardian of a cancellation any time before the tour begins.
We apply the following policy for any tour booking, including one booked with a gift voucher / e-certificate:
- Rescheduling permitted to another tour of the same price only if request is received 7 days or more before the tour and if there is availability on the new date requested. Only one rescheduling request permitted per booking.
- No rescheduling permitted if request is received less than 7 days before the tour or if there is no availability on the new date requested.
Cancellations on behalf of Bites and Sites Food Tours cc
• We expressly reserve the right to cancel a Tour at any time, in the case of unforeseen circumstances, even though this situation is highly unlikely to arise.
• In a situation where we have cancelled the Tours at our end, we will fully refund all ticket bookings for that day OR reschedule the Tour to another date of your preference. You will have complete discretion in determining whether to obtain a refund or reschedule your Tour.
• The Tour may be customized by the tour guide(s) through the duration of the tour based on a number of factors, including participants’ interest, participants’ pace of walking, allergies/dietary restrictions of participant(s) on the Tour, and other such factors.
• We do not assume any responsibility for any sight, attraction, shop, food establishment or any such stop on the Tour route that may unexpectedly (a) be shut down or (b) have run out of a certain food or beverage item.
Transportation: Walking & Mobile Transport
• You agree that you are able and willing to walk throughout the distance and duration listed on the website for that specific tour.
• You are responsible for your own safety while walking during the Tour. We will do everything in our capacity to follow a safe Tour route, but we do not claim responsibility for any illness, injuries, accidents, loss, damage or theft caused to you by a third party (either person or organization) during the Tour.
• On selected Tours, we may contract with an external vendor (organization or person) to provide transportation services during the Tour. We are unable to assume any liability for accidents, delays, injuries, loss or damage due to any act or default of such external vendors, engaged in transporting passengers.
• You are wholly responsible for your own personal belongings throughout the Tour. We are unable to claim responsibility for any belonging that may have been lost or stolen from you by a third party during the Tour.
Release of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Bites and Sites Food Tours cc accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, accident, sickness, injury or death that you or anyone else may suffer or incur arising out of the Tours and/or in connection with your booking and tour with us. You are advised to have comprehensive travel and health insurance. All personal effects are at your sole risk at all times during the Tour. By purchasing the ticket(s), you and/or your companions affirm that you have all fully understood and agree to these Terms and Conditions.