In Kayamandi, your guide will take you on a leisurely walk to meet local artists and entrepreneurs. The interaction is inspiring and helps you gain insights into the lifestyle of millions of South Africans. Take your camera, because you will be greeted by many friendly faces.
At the end of the walk, delicious fragrances will welcome you into a family home. Lunch consists out of simple, yet mouth-watering Xhosa dishes which you will have helped prepare.
At around 13h00, good-byes will be exchanged between new friends before you are transferred back to central Stellenbosch with a full tummy and a warmed heart.
- Enjoy a stroll with your resident guide who knows the ins-and-outs of Kayamandi “sweet home” township,
- Meet artists and entrepreneurs who inspire the young generation,
- Interact with children at a day-care centre (Mon – Fri during the school term),
- Visit a family home to help prepare a simple Xhosa dish and enjoy a hearty lunch,
- Receive a small, hand-made gift as well as Mama’s famous recipes to try back home,
- Transfers to and from Kayamandi can be organized at an additional cost,
- Family Friendly.